Guide to Planning Your Monthly Business Calendar to Fit Your Lifestyle
Why be unorganized when you can start planning your months ahead of time?
The LAST thing you want is to be burnt out from your schedule. It's time to get in control of where you're putting your all time and start being organized.
In this post, I'm going to be giving you a short guide on how to plan a monthly calendar for your business that works for you. It's important to give yourself the mental space and capacity to rest and build your business at the same time so keep reading to find out how.
My monthly planning guide for my business.
I do ALL of my planning on google calendar and a month ahead of time. So if I’m planning for September, I'm working on my strategies and schedule in August. Here are the main points and questions I look at when planning:
- Are there any major life events or personal things that I need to block time out for? You want to make sure you're making space for the things outside of your business but also blocking time out for major business events such as a launch.
- What is recurring every month that I can schedule now? For example, I have the Profitable Partnership, and I know that we meet twice a month so I can go ahead and plug those into my calendar.
- How many hours per month am I on calls? This will help you plan out your calls and see where you need to be on zoom or hoping in on a group program.
- Where does my team need me? Take into consideration your internal communication with your team and where you need to have quarterly reviews.
- When are my private client sessions happening? I have about six private client sessions a month so I know I need to account for that. When planning your months, never forget about your clients.
When I have all my priorities laid out, I look at all my open days where nothing is scheduled and I label them in yellow. I know I'm not going to schedule anything in those boxes so I’ll use those for whatever I need like getting my nails done or working on my CEO tasks.
Guide to Planning Your Monthly Business Calendar to Fit Your Lifestyle: Main Takeaways
I hope this episode helps you start planning your own calendar and get really organized in your business. This technique has been consistently serving me and my business, and it's a system that's held true over these years. You make the rules in your business, so please give this a shot and don’t be scared to rearrange things whenever you need to.